Monday, January 01, 2007

Deja Vu


Oh boy! I love this movie. I am one of the many Denzel Washington fans out there so this movie was definitely on my must see list.


The plot of the movie revolves around a ferry explosion in New Orleans on Fat Tuesday and the hunt to find the perpetrator and the killer of some gorgeous girl. Both crimes appear related. Denzel plays Doug, an ATF agent assigned to the ferry incident and who stumbles onto the murder of the girl. He is drafted onto a special unit that has some incredible technology that allows people to go back in time - 4 days to be exact.

I am trying not to give too much away but i will say that i loved this. Denzel had some pretty funny lines which i think he pulled off very well. Val Kilmer as part of the special unit was okay. If you watch CSI (the original), the new guy on the block - i forget his name is pretty funny as a young PHD holder that's part of the special unit. Paula Patton (the murdered girl) is sooo beautiful. Really beautiful. But after Denzel, acting props have to go to the one and only JC. Jim Caviezel of the Passion of the Christ has presence. Even when he didnt say any words, i just felt his intensity.

I would give this a 8/10. One to own once it comes out on DVD.

1 comment:

Elemoso said...

I just saw Deja Vu on DVD. I had other pre-occupation when it came out in the movies and I missed it. I think it was cool. The part I just didnt understand is why Doug didnt recognize the Patton girl after the whole ordeal at the end? I am still trying to figure it out