Monday, December 11, 2006

Nollywood - The Price of fame

I like to watch Nigerian movies. I like to consider myself an expert now....Having been on hiatus from Nollywood for a while, i eased back in with a few that i will be reviewing in the next few posts.

The Price of Fame stars Ini Edo, Gloria Anozie, Uche Jombo and Michael Ezoronye (sp). Story revolves around a star actress Stephanie James (Ini) dealing with rape issues from her past, a child given up and the emotional loss of her parents. Gloria Anoze plays her manager that has to help mop up a scandal that breaks. Uche Jombo plays Uju a no nonsense mother dealing with health issues. Her child is adopted and is actually Ini Edo's daughter she gave up. Michael plays the role of Jude, Stephanie's childhood friend dealing with paternity issues on his own.

This is a pretty decent movie by our standards. Ini Edo overacts as usual but not as bably as in other movies. The script is well developed and i didnt even cringe at all. The issue of rape and the perception of the victim was addressed without it being preachy and i really felt Stephanie's pain. Jude was wonderfully played by Michael and the fact that he stood by her through everything made my heart warm.

I would give this a 7 out of 10. Worth seeing and one of our better efforts.

1 comment:

Daddy's Girl said...

Hmmm.. this one sounds good. Will look out for it. It's Michael 'Ezuruonye' - I think he's a pretty good actor. And he has lots of fans o. Ever since I put pictures of him and other stars up on my blog when I did my Nollywood review, people have been coming to my blog to 'borrow' the pics. I'm sure lots of girls are dying for him.