Sunday, January 07, 2007

Catherine Coulter - Deception Point

I will not even bother putting up a picture of this. I was so disappointed with this book. I started reading romance novels again a few months ago and its really hard to find one that is awful. My favorites would be historical romance novels since i think of myself as an old soul and of course i love romance.

This book was so hard to read. The plot revolves around a plot to find some hidden treasure in the hero's manor house thing. Heroine is under duress since her father has been kidnapped and she has to act according to the orders of the bad guy. Interesting plot that has so much potential but the words dragged and the scenes dragged and it was so preachy. I barely made it through.

A 3/10

4 comments:

chainreader said...

oh my! i absolutely adore historical romance. and now, am going to ask you the question i ask everyone who loves books. have you read the "mark of the lion" series by Francine Rivers? it's amazing. it's a christian novel series, and that is not usually my style, but i was totally blown away by her writing style. and i should stop here before i start to sound like an ad.

Uzo said...

I havent read any of Francine Rivers' books. But i have heard of her and actually seen a few of her books in bookstores. I will look for this series then. I will actually go to amazon.com and check it out. Thanks for the tip

Daddy's Girl said...

chainreader, I so agree with you, Francine Rivers is an amazing writer.
Uzo, you have got to read the Mark of the Lion series - gives new meaning to the word 'pageturner'. Fantastic. The first two books are way better than the third (IMO), though. You can find it at some Christian bookstores - eg 3FoldCord off Awolowo Rd (I think it's on Ribadu), Laterna on Oko-Awo in VI, The Bible Store - somewhere in VI, have forgotten where... anyway, it's a great great series. Other good Francine Rivers books: Redeeming Love, The Scarlet Thread.

Eve said...

catherine coulter? isn't she the one that wrote a book about two sisters, one beautiful, the other plain? the plain one becomes a super model but the ending of the book was disastrous.
you read alot, so i will be back here.
talk romance, check THREE RIVERS, i will get the authour's name 4 u.