Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Al Dente!

Al Dente is an italian restaurant on the top floor of City Mall in Onikan.

I stumbled upon this restaurant 2 weekends ago when i went to see a movie with some friends. After the movie we wanted to have lunch and the wooden doors that serve as the entrance to this restaurant looked so inviting. So in we went.

The ambience of this little restaurant is so lovely. Some armchairs for some tables and some of the seats have a view of the road. Okay...not so great with all the traffic and all but at night, its really nice. The artwork decorating the walls are authentic enough. Not modern scenes of Italy but depictions of old Rome. Busts of Julius Ceasar lookalikes, some reproductions of Michelangelo work. Really lovely.

The menu is basic but has variety. Sandwiches, salads, appetizers. Appetizers include classics like Buschetta and Fried Calamari. We had the calamari to start which was served with a garlic sauce. My friend had the fillet steak with a peppercorn sauce served with vegetables and french fries. Not so italian there. I opted for the Fettuccini Alfedo wich had tons of mushrooms and chicken. Not bad. The pasta selection is limited though but adequate. We didnt opt for dessert or wine but both selections seem adequate.

The service is really good too. We were shown to our table and drinks arrived in less than 5 minutes. The food arrived very quickly and the tab came to about N5,000 including service charge.

I would definitely go there again and give this cute restaurant an 8 out of 10.

1 comment:

Daddy's Girl said...

You know, I'm a bit surprised at the price - I somehow thought it would cost more. I got a look at it the day we were there and I was like, this place will be waaaay beyond my means. It still kinda is - but still, it's much more reasonable than I would've guessed. Thanks for the review.